Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The magic of giving

Tomorrow starts our advent calendar!!  This will be the first time that we do this with Logan... actually ever.  I am going to do a few different things this year. 

My friend Tiffany gave me this great idea....  A different Christmas movie everyday until Christmas.  I wrapped a children's and an adult movie for Logan and James to unwrap and watch together as a family everyday.  This is not only fun.... BUT a way to recycle with excitement!  Initially I had to buy enough Christmas movies but years to come I'll use the same movies every year.  I love this.

Second.... We are going to give back to our community.  Each day I'm going to get Logan to pick an act of kindness from a jar for us to do that day.  This will be an amazing life lesson for Logan, especially this year while living in Korea. 

Another gift that Logan will be getting this year (handmade by me) Money Jars!  I saw this idea on a blog devoted to giving back.  He will receive 3 jars, titled GIVE, LIFE, SAVE.  Jan-Dec we will fill these jars together and then in DEC we will do accordingly. 

I am excited to share with Logan the magic of Christmas.  The magic of believing.  The magic of giving.  And most of all.... The Reason for the Season.

Santa is a HUGE part of OUR holidays.  I don't think it's a never-ending lie.  We are big believers and always will be.  I think children get their innocence taken away WAY too soon... It irks me for some reason people take this away from them.  This is just my opinion. I will always teach Logan that Santa represents the magic in giving to others. Doesn't matter the gift... just the giving.

Off my soap box... and I know this is just random thoughts.  They're mine though.

Tomorrow for the states... or now for my friends in Korea... Spread a little kindness today.  After all... Santa is watching :P

No comments: