Friday, December 12, 2014

Guest Blog - Make Up Tips by PrettyDisgustingFX


I love make up... but I know absolutely nothing about it! I asked a friend of mine who is a professional make-up artist to give us a few tips. Affordable tips at that!

Introducing.... Miss Emily:

As a makeup artist, I am constantly asked what products are must-haves. Now, I could rattle off a million but for the everyday woman, let’s keep it simple yet amazingly effective! No need to break the bank, right? Everyone knows how wonderful Target is and so do makeup artists. Here are my top five must-have products from Target!

 

  1. Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz ($8.39) - This is heaven in a bottle, seriously. I use it on all skin types because of the calming Rosewater. It moisturizes and tones the skin so say goodbye to redness and big pores. Toners work to tighten the skin after washing it so your skin retains the good stuff.
 
  1. NYX Two Timer Dual Ended Eye Liner ($9.99) – Praise the precision eyeliner gods for this one, ladies! This eyeliner has your Kohl and liquid so no need for two separate tools. The felt tipped eyeliner tapers off into a fine point for that tight line or winged out look. And it doesn’t run off of your eyes!
 
  1. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in Red Revival (see store) – Ladies, take the guess work out of finding the perfect red lipstick. This red color works on all skin tones. Yes, all! Pair it with any liner to play with the shade. If you’re looking for a matte finish, dust with baby powders (that will also help it stay longer!).
 
  1. Market Pantry® Pure Honey Bear 12 oz ($3.64) – Honey is one of the best things if you have acne or just one pimple. As someone with problem skin, trust me on this. I use it every night for ten to twenty minutes, just dab on the pimple and put a piece of tissue and wait. Honey is a natural antiseptic so it gets rid of bacteria aka acne! Don’t use if you have a honey allergy!
 
  1. Any and all e.l.f. products! - This brand is remarkable because it’s inexpensive and good quality. I haven’t come across a product I didn’t like! Check out the dual ended eye primer and sealer, all brushes and eye shadow palettes.

 

Well ladies those are my five Target must-haves so go out and have fun! I want to thank Mallory for letting me share on her blog about products I love and I hope you do too! 

 

 

Emily Garrison, owner of Pretty.Disgusting.FX, has worked in the industry for four years. She has worked with The Food Network, on feature films and photoshoots. She also worked for MAC Cosmetics and teaches classes in beauty makeup and FX. She currently resides in Texas.

Book Emily at www.prettydisgusting.net
 

No comments: