Sunday, December 26, 2010

Momento

I love to write. Hands down... It is probably one of my favorite things to do.  For my 26th Birthday my husband got my this bright red book called "Memento."  It wasn't until now that I sat down and actaully read what it was about.  It is amazing. 

The forward talks about why and how the author came to start this book.  It wasn't until a phone call with his dad.  Later that night he got a call that his father had uexpectedly passed away from a heart attack (Sounds like my own personal story of losing my dad). Weeks after this death, him and the rest of his family were going through their father's belongings when he came across this worn journal.  He recoginized it, only because he gave it to his dad as a gift.  His dad had written all of his adventures astories,,,, wisdom and advice... successes and failures.  What an amazing thing to find after your parent passes away. 

From experience, when you lose a loved one... there are so many questions left unanswered.  There are stories you wish you would have asked.  There are jokes you wish you could remember.  There are times you wish you would have bottled their laugh. 

This book... builds a story of your life. It is meant to become an heirloom. It is meant to pass down the past to newer generations of your family.  So much of the past goes missing now. We are in such a hurry to discover new things, ways to do tasks faster... When does it stop? 

I know I don't blog often, even though it is a passion of mine. I think I have lost where my priorities lie. I am going to complete this book.  Not only for me, but for my husband, my son, my Neices and nephews. My future granchildren. For the future.

I hope you enjoy this journey I am about to begin.  I may write everyday. I may write once a week.  I will write though. I will share my stories, my successes and failures.

Here is to a new year! Love to all.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Imagine what insight we'd like if our country's forefathers didn't journal, not to mention 100s of other historical figures! Go for it - share the story of Mallory!!