Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Logan's Mario Birthday


One thing I love doing as a mom is to plan birthday parties. I LOVE celebrating anyone’s day of birth actually! Going over board is just something that we get to do once a year. Now that Logan is older, he insists on getting on Pinterest and scouring over all the ideas. Thank goodness for Pinterest. It makes people who don’t know how to craft… crafters and people who are crafters… professionals! Ha!  Creativity has never been easier.

We didn’t have a lot of money growing up. My mom was a single mom to three kids, and working full time. I have so many fond memories from my birthday parties growing up. Except that one time… In Kindergarten when she got me a strawberry cake for my party.  She must have forgotten that I was the kid allergic to them!! I can’t wait to do something like that to my kids and cause them years of therapy! Kidding! Anyways, the parties my mom threw with just a little money were so fun. I remember in 1st or 2nd grade she did a whole party with obstacle games outside. I can still remember all the laughs from having to chew 4 pieces of gum at one time and blow bubbles. She made all the cakes. All the decorations. She even painted all of our faces. She was the master of creativity. (She still is!)

Birthday parties have since changed. Remember when you got invited to a birthday and your parents just dropped you off? Now you have to plan (and purchase food) for the whole entire family. Not only are they extremely expensive now, but there’s some sort of “Pinterest” standard now. You begin prepping MONTHS before. (Oh, you know you do it too.) You pin a hundred of the coolest ideas and then you start making decorations 60 days out. We start to focus on what everyone else will enjoy seeing. How can we make people stop in their tracks and say “Wow, she throws the best parties!” or “She outdid herself this year!” I can't help the need to please! :)

To be completely honest…. I will do it again and again. To see the look on my kiddos face is priceless. To watch the excitement that this day is about HIM/HER is one of my favorite things about being a parent. I have been scaling down a little. Picking a FEW things from Pinterest and making everything that I can. Trying to work within a budget for each party is a must now with three kids. (My husband is probably saying “yeah, riiiiiight”!)

Sometimes you can't make everything! I'm so excited I found Loontasic Gifts and Décor. She is a local company who specializes in everything balloons. I can't believe her talent and willingness to make anything you need for your themed party. When I asked about Mario Brothers, I never imagined the final product. Logan loves balloons so he was VERY excited that he could combine both his loves into his party favors. If you are local to the Fort Hood area and want party decorations or favors that have the WOW factor, Dora is your gal. She will take your idea and turn it into a work of art. You won't be disappointed.  

With that being said, I am going to be going back and posting blogs about the kid's birthday parties. Yes, I am about 6 months late with Kora’s. Better late than never is how the saying goes right?

Here’s Logan’s 6th Mario Brothers birthday party.
Logan and his friends!

He became obsessed with Mario right after he turned 5. I’m not really sure how because he had never played one of the games before, but he wanted EVERYTHING Mario.


He wanted a background for pictures.
 
Fantastic balloon centerpiece from Loontastic Gifts


Party favors with candy inside from Loontastic Gifts
This is our Yoshi piñata after plastic surgery!
I wish I had a before picture. You wouldn't believe it!  



All the Mario Brothers inspired food.
Mario and Luigi fruit snacks!


Even my cousin Zach was happy to see the boys!
L couldn't believe it!




How amazing and talented is Loontastic Gifts
with this door greeter?
We love Mario and Luigi!




Logan wanted Mario shoes, but we couldn't find them
 anywhere so my mom HAND painted some for him!

No comments: