Monday, May 3, 2010

Lovin' me some sunshine!

What a wonderful Sunday! I got to spend time with my girlfriends at Amanda's "Summer Kickoff" party... Logan got to get in his new lil pool his grandma got him... James and I both got homework done... We also got an email from the Comannder in Korea stating why it was better for Logan and I to come over after James. That's all we wanted... is an answer to our questions and we got them. She said it shouldn't be long after he gets there. Maybe a week or two. I feel 100 pounds lighter. (Ok, maybe not 100) Still so much to do!!

So... Topic of the night. Finding that flame that lights your butt on fire. I have so many dreams and ambitions. For the most part, if I put my mind to it I will accomplish it. I wanted to lose 20 lbs... I just reached my goal. I want to get my degree before my little brother finishes high school which is next may... and so far, working my butt off NON-STOP I will succeed. Just by a month or two, but I will beat him!! (It's the little things in life) haha I want to be a better person in my marriage. Now this one... I haven't been able to personally excel at yet. I feel like I have the education and the knowledge, but I am not sure how to fully apply the things that I have learned. (And yes, Love is enough... and boy do we have love... there are just other things that I want to work on as a spouse) There are so many inspirational books out there. "For Her" and "For Him" are an awesome read! They are two different books, of course one for him and one for her... lol... but they are worth it. I also bought 3 other books that I want to read and share with you. Knowledge is power. Learn what you can but most importantly, apply it. I have learned that men would rather be respected than loved. It's the complete opposite for women. (Go figure) They go hand in hand. In one of my classes I just finished we had to completly put ourselves in the chair. We had to open up and pull out the dirt we had in order to feel what your client will someday feel. I poured my heart out. I was so honest that at times I felt embarrassed. As people say... I aired my dirty laundry. Why? Because it encouraged me to change. When I re-read what I wrote, I could feel my emotions and struggles... as if it wasn't my paper I was reading. It was such a crazy feeling. At the end of the class you had to choose one student to write about... and I was very surprised to see two students wrote about me. Both commented on my honesty. That made me smile. If you want to be known for one thing... Honesty is pretty cool. One lady talked about how she looked forward to all my posts every week. That made me feel like I climbed a mountain. My words affected someone... inspired someone... intrigued someone. That my friends is a flame under my butt. I can't just write about it... I need to act upon what I say. I hope you enjoy this leg of the journey. Finding who I am, along with becoming the person I know I can be. Tomorrow I am going to start including parts of this book I am reading. 365 ways to start your day off positive. Together we can pass on a smile even further. Thanks for stopping in and reading. Here's to a positive Monday, and a great start to May!!

No comments: