Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goodbyes Never Get Easier.

Well I have been in Korea for a little over 3 weeks now... And things have gotten a little easier for me. I understand the taxi's (as long as they under stand me) and I know how to buy a ticket for the subway... still haven't taken a bus yet... all in all I know I can survive.  James left today. He is will be in the field for a month. No matter how many times you say goodbye, it never gets easier. Still makes me tear up at the thought of being on my own. I depend on him so much. His love and friendship.... I know that no matter what comes my way i can get through it with him by my side... I guess this is a test of strength. If I can survive in Korea for a month, I can survive anywhere! (hopefully)  We love our house, but decided to move into an apartment. We will be closer to base, and closer to other wives. (More Americans too)  I move on the 1st of August.  He will be gone, but there isn't that much to move so that's a good thing. I think it truly hit me tonight that I am gone from my comfort zone back in TX.  That my friends that I have there will eventually move on with their lives. Distance is tough... I know this. It is tough on everyone. And so much changes in two years.

Logan is doing great. He is adjusting very well.  I REALLY need to find him a play group so he can start talking. Before I left TX the peditrician tried to tell me I needed to get his hearing  checked since he wasn't talking yet. I really don't think that's it. i think it is the life he has lived so far... He has been moved around and kept in a room with me all day long. He hasn't got to interact with very many kids, or go to his own room to pick out a toy.  He doesn't have much here yet, but he sure does love going into his room.  I can't wait until our HHG (household goods - for non military people) gets here. I can finally put our house back together... and it will stay put for atleast two years. That is a breathe of fresh air!

Tonight my heart is lonely. Tomorrow brings a new days though, and a new adventure. It also means we are one day closer to our new home, and James coming home again.

Bless the people who serve our country, and bless the loved ones who wait patiently for their return!

No comments: