Saturday, January 21, 2012

Three years and counting.

Yesterday was Logan's 3rd Birthday... and today was his party.  We celebrated with so many people that have influenced our lives while living in Korea. Even though we are away from family, they made his day so very special.  Everyone I invited came. It was crazy. At least 40 people.  Even with that many people in a tiny Korean apartment... it still felt perfect.

I teared up (pregnancy hormones) a few times from seeing so much love!  The books were amazing. We will forever cherish them. Logan will get to hear me tell him stories from this party. The toys were great too. The homemade gifts were so thoughtful!

It was surreal looking at everyone and thinking about how we met.  (This isn't in any particular order)

The Tabbs (6)- I bought clothes from Bek off the flea market when we first got here. She was (still is) such a refreshing soul. So full of LOVE. A Flintstones vitamin and piece of gum means more to me then she'll ever know! Now in our SEPT Club.

Sheila- Oh my crafty, crafty goddess.... I envy her craft room!  She is so straightforward and honest. She has opened my eyes to so many worlds of crafting and I love her for that! I hope she gets her Kitchen Aid Mixer...

Allie- I found her on the flea market... and I'm so glad I contacted her.  She helps take stress off my shoulders by giving us a clean home while being so sweet! I love getting to chat with her when she comes to visit! Logan loves her too!

Brittney (&Carson)- My hometown girl! She is from Texas... only an hour from where I'm from.  When I'm around her I just feel at home. She is also in the SEPT (well, Aug...but close enough) club.

Sheleah (&Ro)- Oh Sheleah... My most opinionated friend. This is one trait about her that I wouldn't trade for the world! She knows who she is which is more than most! Not to mention that sweet baby girl of hers! I remember meeting her and Mike at the park walking our dogs. That's when I had that awful beagle for a week! Ahh! She started the SEPT club! We even got the results together AND ultrasound :)

Krystal (Hails & Jessie)- The Todds. I met Jesse first! He was so excited for Krystal to finally get to Korea and for the birth of Hailey.  Now they are waiting on baby girl #2. It's a recruiting kind of love for us both!

Tara (Dejay, Destiny &Dallas)- Met her on FB and I am so thankful I did.  She shares her kiddo with me twice a week. He is so wonderful. Quiet but known.  She swears he acts up at home...  but I don't believe it! Her other kiddos are just as sweet!  Dallas reminds me of my little brother! Every time I look at him "Ryan" flashes in my mind. Destiny is so polite.  She is always telling me what a great job I do! Who can't love a sweet spirited girl! Tara is so dependable and seriously needs to come to Carson! I would truly enjoy a few more years getting to hang out!

Shay (Maddox & Cameron)- We met through Tara. Maddox is only a few days older than Logan. Maddox use to hate coming to my house... now... he loves it. Always brings a little toy with him. Shay has my back. She makes me laugh everyday. I enjoy her company. We need to have a Valentine's Day Craft Sessions!   She introduced me to Racheal! Such a great group of girls!

Chelsea (Jayden)- I went to high school with her hubby. I know that doesn't automatically makes us friends... but it sure made it easier to meet her! She has been a lifeline... in so many ways. I could type all day about her and Jayden. Mark too! We have spent almost every holiday together since being here! Love them!

Saralynn (Family of 8)- SUCH a sweet spirit. Her whole family is. All 8 of them. They have helped me move furniture, walked my dog, watched my dog, let me play a special role in their Christmas... She has opened her ears for me... let me cry... Found out I was a "2." She is and will always be special to me!!

Erika (THE Decker's)- Not sure why we always refer to them... even if it's just her... as one! :)  We have LOTS in common. Busy schedules but I see a change in our hangout pattern.  Her family really came through for Logan's birthday. It made me feel so fortunate! And Mikey.... Holy Moly he is growing up so fast!  Did I mention her hubby is a Ranger fan? James approves!!

Rouzer (JR)- Oh this girl. We met on a FB group before we moved to Korea. I remember counting down with her.  She hates pancakes... which I think isn't normal but she is just amazing. Tiny in size... but the times we have gotten together she leaves a huge impact.

Audrey and Kim (Maya & Trevor)- They don't live together but almost every time I've seen them they are together! I love their friendship and their kids! They were my first kiddos when I started having play dates.  Maya has always given me a run for my money and Trevor has grown into this little man! I can't believe they are both leaving!!!

Cassie (&Bella)-  My Southern belle.  So sweet.... I love Bella too. Makes me smile that Bella would rather play with dinosaurs when she is at my house and calls Logan, Lego.  She stands up for God and that is my favorite thing about her!  Not to mention she is ALWAYS dressed to the T.... Arabella too!




Pictures to come! LOTS of pictures!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I was browsing for pictures, and I happened upon your blog and just wanted to say hi! I am a military wife as well- my husband is in the Air Force. Love your blog!
~Kathryn
www.singingthroughtherain.net

Mallory Sessions said...

Hi Kathryn! Thanks for reading. I have to say I LOVE your blog name! :)