Sunday, August 10, 2014

Music.

Music is what my soul has been trying to say.... but couldn't find the right words.

There are lyrics that I feel were written just for me in that very moment of time. Songs that give you hope when you feel all is lost. Songs that describe why your heart is exploding from love. Songs to your parents, your children, your husband, and your best friend.  Music is a universal language. You can read the lyrics without hearing the tune and still be moved. These songs.... They found me at the exact moment I needed to be found.

The moment I moved to Texas when I was 9... Looking out the U-Haul window as my dad stood there crying:

"Don't Take The Girl" by Tim McGraw (He told me to remember this song)
"Love without end" by George Strait (He would sing it to me when it came on the radio)

When my dad died:

"Does Anybody Hear Her?" By Casting Crowns.
"Who'd You Be Today" by Kenny Chesney

My Wedding Day:

"Because You Loved Me" by Jo Dee Messina (Our first dance)
"Pride and Joy" by Stevie Ray Vaughan (Yes, I walked down the aisle to this!)

Life songs:

"Broken Together" by Casting Crowns
"Washed by The Water" by NEEDTOBREATH
"The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert
"I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me
"I Will See You Again" by Carrie Underwood
"Dirt" by Florida Georgia Line


When I wanted to quit while walking the 60 miles for Susan G. Komen:

"Roar" by Katy Perry

The songs that remind me of the love I have for my husband:

"You" by Chris Young
"You Found Me" By The Fray
"All of Me" by John Legend
"Springsteen" by Eric Church

My Kids:

"Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift
"Butterfly Fly Away" by Miley Cyrus
"Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle


The thing about music is it never lets you down. It's always that voice in your head when the whole world is quiet.

There are more songs. Lots more, but you get what I'm saying.

Whatever moment you are in right now... find a song. Just know that there is someone else who is listening to it at the same time you are... trying to convey the same message.



Hey, Mr. Sessions.... You're my favorite song.










No comments: