Friday, December 9, 2011

24 things I'll miss.... with only 24 weeks left.

I'm still counting down....  It makes things easier for me.  I'm antsy.  Very antsy. There are so many mixed emotions I'm starting to have.  I'm overwhelmed at times.  I miss my family so much, but at the same time this was an experience of a lifetime! It was hard... scary... fun... exciting.  I felt like I have been on vacation for 2 years.  There was no pressure.  No one relied on us for anything because they couldn't.  We didn't have to argue over which family we were spending the holidays with.  We never ran into the problem of spending too much at Wal-mart. 

Although I am extremely happy to get back in the states, I'm starting to get nervous.  This has been my home for the past 2 years.  I enjoy not having ANY clue what people are saying when we go out in crowds.  I enjoy NOT knowing how to drive around town.  I like how far a simple smile goes with your neighbors.  Plus I feel comforted with all my friends here who are in the same position I'm in.  We lean on each other during rough times.  No matter what time it is there's someone here for everyone.  I am getting VERY sad at the thought of never seeing any of these ladies again.  My heartbreaks in a way it never has before. These people here are my friends.... my family.

They have watched Logan grow. They have shared the holidays with us... our birthdays... Our tears... Our success.  My surgery....   My life transformed while living here in Korea and everyone who witnessed it was a stranger.  I love them.

Here's my list: (not in a particular order)

1.  James getting us Korean ice cream cones from the little store in our apt complex.
2.  Taking Logan to Little Prince/Jump Jump.  (Korean ChuckECheese)
3.  Eating dinner at the Gateway Club.  (The only American restaurant on post)
4.  Hiking up Mt. Soyosan and telling James I think I'm going to die.... but still making it to the top.
5.  Walking the track at the park with my few friends and their kiddos.
6.  Taking walks around the apt with James, Logan, Zara and I.
7. My cell phone going days without ringing.
8.  Getting a discount because I'm a foreigner.
9. Shopping at Dongdaemun.
10. All the craft classes and Stampin Up parties.
11. Being able to say "I live in Korea."
12. All my friends here.  (That's a given though)
13. Being out in public and NO ONE can ease drop on your conversation... and vise-versa.
14. Everything is so CHEAP here!
15. Nothing goes by your credit score! :)
16. All the sites and attractions no one from back home has ever been too.
17. The Dragon Hill Lodge.
18. Being together as a family.  No deployments.
19. Appreciating more things since being on this side of the world.  Not taking anything for granted.
20. Our Apartment... and community.
21. Using Google maps and going on an adventure with my little family.
22. Spending the holidays with our friends.
23.  All my kiddos that come to the play dates at my house.  And their mommas!
24. Korea.  I'm going to miss living here.

No comments: