Monday, April 12, 2010

A little PINK in a world of camo...

I am on the verge of tears as I write tonight... For so many different reasons. First, one of my friends has been patiently waiting along with her two year old... for her hubby to come home from his recent deployment. This make my heart want to cry with joy. I am so thankful that her soldier is safely on his journey home.

Second, I just started following a Marine Wife's blog... I saw a friend of mine following her and her blog title caught my eye so I started reading... March 14 she was writing about counting down the days until her hubby was home from his recent deployment. She recently had also given birth to their new baby girl. Then 3 days later her next blog crushed me... He would never make it home the way she imagined he would. I just sat here in disbelief. James read most of the story with me. My stomach was in my throat. Her strength was... amazing. Her words... were breath taking. I don't know her, but yesterday I mourned with her. Her husband is a hero. And through her and his new baby girl... his story will live on.

I read about stories everyday. I just want to hold my soldier a little bit closer tonight. The things in this world that drive me crazy, make me mad, make me cuss, or even make me want to stomp my feet are NOT worth it. Do you hear me?? People are fighting for our country... leaving their families behind to stand up for what they believe in. To keep our land of the free... just that... FREE. And they aren't coming back to the families waiting for them. I think someone in front of me taking too long at the grocery store, is nothing to be upset about. Someone who cut you off while driving... isn't worth cussing over. Friends that make fun of your marriage and child... Are NOT worth my sadness.

Seriously... If you only listened to these soldiers stories. We should all stop judging, because what they have seen is way more then your mind could ever imagine. I feel so guilty right now for getting mad at James for doing the tiniest things that have nothing to do with anything. I am tried of not treating him like the HERO he is. And yet someone who hits a ball with a bat, or puts a ball in the hole, or a FAKE soldier plays a role as a real one... makes more money then they do, without making a sacrifice.

It isn't until today that I realized how wrong I was one day in the very beginning of James and I's relationship. We were talking about Susan Sarandon... and the famous comments heard around the world about soldiers... I can't believe I defended her against my own husband!

Yes, to everyone that doesn't understand my/our decision about going to Korea. The country is divided into 3 areas. Area One being the safest... Area Two safe but not as safe... And Area Three being the closest to the North Korea border. We will be living in Area Three. I believe that our family should remain together as long as we can. I don't think they would allow families to go over there if they didn't think it was safe. I know a lot of people doubt our decision, but I finally feel in my heart that we couldn't have made a better one. As an Army family ... Home is with my soldier. Thank you for everyone that serves our country. I am truly blessed to be an Army wife. God gave me one of the hardest jobs, because he knew I could take it! :)

It's a new week, and a new day. Be thankful for the breaths you are given and try to be a little more patient.

P.S. Army Wives is back on! Boy have I missed you!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Mal, my heart goes our to you and James as you are
embarking on this tremendous journey. Though I may not
Understand it all, I know that I am not supposed to...
Because as you said, God gave you the job because he knew
you could take it! You are truly a strong mother and wife.
Thanks to you and James for doing what so many of us
are not strong or giving of ourselves enough to do for
our country.
Your loyal listener and friend,
Amanda

Holly & Rob said...

Beautiful post, and I teared up, thanks! :)