Tuesday, April 13, 2010

To bring, or not to bring... that is the question!

I am soooo exhausted!! This evening James and I went and tackled our storage. We needed to sort everything into two piles, that way when they come to get our stuff for Korea it would be ready. I, of course, want to bring everything!! I would rather be safe than sorry! Today I actually was able to part with a lot of things that I first had insisted on bringing. All my favorite dust collectors... are staying. I didn't know how much my willowtree figures and collection of glass hearts meant to me until I had to say bye for the nest two years. I decided I am going to do one more craft show before we leave and all my hand-painted original paintings are going to be sold at a pretty cheap price. I just don't think people are in the markey for handmade things anymore. You truly don't get paid for your time, but at least I can pass on a part of me to someone who buys my art. You don't know how much you hold on to until you are moving... Makes me feel like I have hoarder tendencies... haha. (Ok not that extreme) I didn't realize when we were moving out of our other house in july that I needed to keep a dollarstore mop and two dog food scoops! We did decide to bring a few decorations for christmas, and the rest of the holidays will be left in storage. My biggest fear is Logan missing out on tradition... but I guess we will just make the best out of it, and if need be... My mom can dress up like the Easter bunny and make a surprise visit! :) I think it will all work out.

The pictures I have been seeing on people's facebook are pretty exciting. They have an Outback Steak House... interesting! :) They also have this asian-ized walmart called Lotte Mart. It is 3 or 4 stories high, and you can do your regular shopping there, huge bags of rice, rice cookers, toys, Asian beer, your typical things :) It has flat escalators so you can bring your cart up with you to the next level. Pretty smart thinkin' if you ask me! I will be posting so many pictures. I have met some really nice wives over there thanks to facebook. Makes me feel better about going over there if I know I will be able to make some new friends... and Logan too. The countdown begins again... this time... is it.

This week is filled with doctor appointments for Logan and I. Also homework (on top of everything I started 3 more classes-what I was thinking... I don't know) and buying a few things people have recommended I bring since it isn't at the PX. We got a Magic Jack, so we will actually have a local texas number... so if anyone wants to call you can :) Just remember there is a 14 hour time difference! lol

I'm going to snuggle with my sleeping soldier! Good night to all... Tomorrow should be Thankful Tuesday... everyone can post something they are thankful for on here or facebook!

No comments: