Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Laying the Foundation

There should be something exciting about writing your first blog. I think for me, it is refreshing. I have somewhere to record my thoughts, my fears, my dreams, and my days.... without feeling like I might upset someone. This is going to be a way for people to follow my journey... In just a few days we will be living in a new country across the world. Being an Army Wife has so many perks, but just as many stresses. I am ready to take flight... stand on my own two feet. It is either sink or swim. Through this crazy adventure I call life, I will remain faithful to the people following my traveled roads.

There is so much on my mind right now... family, friends, how Logan is going to be on the plane, leaving behind my dog :( , all the upcoming babies and weddings I will be missing, not to mention AMERICAN FOOD! We don't know where we will be living until we get there... another little panic of mine. Will there be TV? Grey's? OTH? LOST? Haha and will there be parks for Logan to enjoy? What if I don't want to try new exotic dishes!!! I have never been on a subway, only eaten at one! Not to mention we decided to NOT bring a car!! Decisions Decisions! I did however manage to sneak the Christmas Tree in...

A note of peace... To all of the people who have stood by my side for longer than a night at the local bar, but a meaningful friend.... Thank you. It is because of you that I have always found the strength to keep truckin' and the reassurance that any dream of mine isn't farther than a star away... I am lucky to face this life changing move leaving behind some amazing friends knowing that someday down the road we will exchange our life stories again.

To my husband... I never thought in a million years that I would be moving across the world... but following my heart is the right choice. You have opened up so many doors and shoved me out of my box! (That's a good thing) I think that this path... is going to be very positive. Our relationship is going to advance to so many different levels. I love you and am so proud of you.

My momma bear... you have taught me everything I know. If only your patience was passed down to me! Thank you for never being more than a call away... I don't want to think of this move as heartbreaking... but a way to love you more and make you proud of the woman I will become. We have always had each other, and still will. We will just be a little further than usual. I will always hold you so close in my heart. You truly are the most amazing woman. Don't let absence make your heart sad... Make it feel blessed. No longer do I need to be under your wing... I am finally ready to fly!! Thank you for all the love!

This is going to be a journey of tears, laughs, pictures, excitement, strength, and The Sessions establishing their home in South Korea for the next two to three years. I hope you all laugh, and cry with me. This is real... This is my heart... This is where I will turn to renew my strength.

I hope you choose to follow me :) Goodnight Bloggers.....

1 comment:

Kelly Miller said...

Your story makes me cry... but also very happy for you :) Ill be by your side, as I always have... just from way over here. You let me know if you need a chat, and if there is OTH, ill update you. LOL
<3 ya mal!