Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Freedom of Speech... That's me!

I know you all could guess what I was going to write about tonight. Truthfully I wanted so bad to write about something fun and uplifting... but my insides are shaking... and there are no earthquakes in Texas.

I can not believe this whole ordeal about that so called church (which makes me cringe to even refer to it as that) is getting away with. Protesting at funerals of fallen soldiers? It's a right they are entitled to? Seriously? This might be a long post... so let me just say now that you have officially been warned. I want to be able to get a few hours of sleep tonight, and be doing so... I need to vent some anger and hurt feelings.

First off... I want to say where the heck is child protective services? These people are bringing their children to these types of protests. Not only that, but they are using slander along with other hateful acts. They children videoed are all wearing shirts that say "God hates you." So this is a safe environment for children to grow up in? What about angry people who retaliate against this group? Read their stats. The church as already been bombed. I would like to venture out and say that sounds to me like a very dangerous situation for children. Not to mention that they are being brainwashed to instill hate upon others, and justifying it as an act of God. Maybe I should call and voice my concern. If you know me... I will call. If there is one thing in life that I stand for it is NOT endangering a child. If I see a baby in the car without a car seat... I write the license plate down and give the police a little ring-a-ding. A parent is a child's only advocate... and if they aren't responsible enough to fill that role, I will for them.

Second case of business... Freedom of speech. Not likely. I think this is the sorriest excuse for bending the law. My husband defends this country in order for you and me to have this right... and guess what... He, as a soldier is not entitled to his... Did you know that? Thankfully I am his wife and I will voice mine. :) These amendments were written a very very long time ago when acts like these didn't take place! So why is it now that something can't be done to make a new one? I would gladly step up to the plate and write a rough draft or two. There are lines that need to be drawn, and an example needs to be made. America will NOT tolerate this type of hateful behavior anymore. This group was quoted saying "Thank God for 9-11" and made cartoons about this tragic event. In my opinion this is just as bad at a terriost attack. They are attacking our nation, they are setting horrible examples of America and Christians. They are hurting peoples lives... and disrespecting so many things that this country was built on. We went to their website tonight and they have a schedule of their upcoming protests. I saw a high school on there that is VERY close to my little brothers house. Let me tell you... I was alomst on a plane! Protesting at a high school... again should be illegal. I am trying not to get fired up again...

Taking a moment to recollect :)

Ok... back on my mission... So where do I start? Who do I write? How do I make a change? I know that I am not the only person out there feeling this way... I know that there are probably many people writing letters... I want to go to bed at night knowing I did all I could to help the Snyder family win their case. I want to help make a difference in this terrible world of hate! I want to show then the correct way of voicing your "Freedom of Speech" and being a Christian. I want Logan to grow up without hate in his heart... and I want those children to do the same. Fallen Soldiers deserve to be laid down to rest... peacefully. And their families (as I mentioned before... the one's who are left to wait) should get the same respect.

Tonight... I'm going to Pray. I am going to ask God for the strength I need to let my anger out. I am going to Pray for those horrible people who have been mislead... And I am going to Pray for all the people who read this... because I have already made the first step in the right direction. I have shared with you this story. The rest... is God's will.

I hope tomorrow the sunshines bright for everyone. Even the people with shields of hate over their eyes... maybe a ray of sun will shine through to them. Goodnight my friends...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am right there with you on this one Mal. This "church"
sounds more like a cult to me!!! I will pray with you and
hopefully many others for this ass situation to be resolved
fairly!!!