Monday, April 19, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons... Be Thankful You Got Anything At All!

Sorry to by MIA for a few days! I haven't wanted to bore people and write about the CRAP going on right now... so I just took a few days off. Still no official orders to Korea... which means again they have us hanging on by our seats. Logan is cutting 7 teeth, including his molars (which is a little early for the poor little guy), and had a fever for the FIRST time in his life. He actually cried non-stop all day. Pretty miserable for the whole household. James and I like to wait until the last second to work on our weekly homework... which translates to frustration between the two of us... who gets to watch Logan while the other does their homework first. I missed my two favorite shows in the world Thursday and tonight. The list goes on forever... and the party aLwAyS ends. (That song lies)

Anywho... I enjoyed the rain today. Made me think that God was washing away my yucky mood and my not so fun past couple of days. Tomorrow is a new week and I am ready to tackle the world and write some new exciting blogs. I think tonight's topic should be exercising.

James and I started exercising and eating crazy healthy. When I use the term crazy... I mean one gram of fat per day!!! (Not per meal) Sounds hard, but it isn't too bad. We were going the gym every night and so on. I lost 20 lbs. Woo Hoo!! And then... He started slipping off, which made me not to be a crazy eater by myself... so I joined the bandwagon again! I haven't gained any weight back, BUT I have gotten a Blizzard from Dairy Queen. It was pretty fantastic, BUT I felt like I was fighting a locked up eating disorder. It took everything in me to eat a small one. It was truly a battle. I didn't enjoy it like I wanted to, it hurt my stomach, and made me feel so guilty! I actually like eating healthy. I will go as far to say I like eating crazy healthy. My hubby says he will get back to it tomorrow... which means I will too BUT I don't like the fact that I caved. I am not trying to lose a million pounds, just a few and then remain stable. Exercising is one of those things that if you don't have it in your life you don't feel as if you are missing out on a thing... BUT when you do have it you can't believe you went so long without it. It is actually quite simple to incorporate it into your schedule. I know you are thinking... "yeah, for a stay at home mom" but really there are so many little things. I always park toward the back of parking lots... further for me to walk and Logan to ride. Logan L.O.V.E.S going on walks... So I tell myself it is for him, but it is secretly for me too!

I think I didn't have a great week... because there wasn't much exercise, AND I ate that blizzard. I knew I should have just said no to drugs!! (Drugs = ice cream + no exercise... not the illegal ones)

Ok friends, this is me saying this is a new week~ Make something happen!! :) Goodnight... Tomorrow will be here before your alarm clocks are singing!!!

1 comment:

Holly & Rob said...

One gram of fat per day? When I was on a fat-free diet due to my gall bladder, I ate a max of 6 grams of fat per day. That was complete torture, and well, I was eight/nine months pregnant at the time. You need fat in order diet, unsaturated fat that is. ie. Avocados, nuts, etc. But, congrats on the weight loss - I would love to lose 20 IBS right now.. How long it take to burn off?